The House Of Odd

Cross the threshold to view a collection of amorphous treasures.

The House Of Odd header image 2

Miss Teen USA 2007 Miss South Carolina Transcript

August 29th, 2007 · 29 Comments

Poor Lauren Caitlin Upton, this will be a month she’ll be trying to soon forget. Thanks to YouTube her on air blunder has been seen nearly 8 million times.

Aimee Teegarden “Recent polls have shown that a fifth of Americans can’t locate the US on a world map. Why do you think this is?”

Miss South Carolina Lauren Caitlin Upton
“I personally believe, that U.S. Americans,
are unable to do so,
because uh,
some, people out there, in our nation don’t have maps.
and uh…
I believe that our education like such as in South Africa,
and the Iraq,
everywhere like such as…
and, I believe they should uh,
our education over here,
in the U.S. should help the U.S.
or should help South Africa,
and should help the Iraq and Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future,
for us.”

Host Mario Lopez “Thank you very much South Carolina.”

In case for some strange reason you haven’t seen the video yet here it is.

Tags: Zeitgeist

29 responses so far ↓

• 1 Eric Ogunbase // Apr 26, 2008 at 3:37 pm

I watch the video and read the transcript when I’m having a bad day. It makes me laugh and feel better about myself…but mostly just laugh.

• 2 amanda // Oct 3, 2008 at 11:16 am

I want to do a side by side comparison with Sarah Palin. Can we ask SP the same question and see if her answer is any less gibberish?

• 3 megan // Jan 14, 2009 at 2:50 pm

this is a perfect example of why us pageant girls are mocked so much!!!!!!!!!!! we are not all like that we have beauty and brains and i honestly dont have any clue how she made it that far in a pageant just by hearing that answer!

• 4 Anatomy of A Website (SuperMunk-style) « Supermunk’s Blog // Mar 24, 2009 at 6:09 am

[…] American education. (for reference, please see Miss Teen USA 2007 Ms. South Carolina’s transcript or YouTube footage of said […]

• 5 coolio // May 27, 2009 at 2:56 pm

she might be dumb but shes still a hottieeee

• 6 New Miss California Hates Gay People Too « Homosecular Gaytheist // Jun 16, 2009 at 10:27 am

[…] Why do any of us give a shit?  These skanks are paid to gallivant around in stilettos, showing off their plastic tits and chemically-treated blonde hair in the minimum amount of clothing allowed by federal law.  They aren’t known for their intelligence and are usually, like, not the smartest US, uh, Americans because, uh, often, they don’t, like, have maps. […]

• 7 DM // Aug 6, 2009 at 5:27 pm

Perfectly blonde and hot. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

• 8 CV // Sep 4, 2009 at 7:19 am

I bet she knows where all your happy spots are though.

• 9 All Spin Zone » Balloon Boy, Reality TV, Palin, Nancy Grace, etc. // Oct 20, 2009 at 10:02 am

[…] her kids, didn’t she? Track? Willow? And every time Palin opened her mouth she sounded like Miss South Carolina, that there, ummm, err. . . everywhere like such as. It takes a certain kind of stupid, which has […]

• 10 RaeAnne // Dec 30, 2009 at 12:13 pm

hahahhahahahhahaha
    uhh ermm uhhh

wow im so glad i dont do pageants any more hahaha

• 11 Can't Say // Apr 13, 2010 at 5:58 pm

Personally I think she just had no idea what to say- maybe she has stage fright and just said the first things that came to her mind.
    But darn, is that funny. And useful if we get asked a question we don’t want/know how to answer.
    “Mary, why don’t you have your homework done?”
    “I believe that my homework like such as in South Africa,
    and the Iraq,
    everywhere like such as…
    and, I believe they should uh,
    our homework over here,
    in the U.S. should help the U.S.
    or should help South Africa,
    and should help the Iraq and Asian countries so we will be able to build up our pencils,
    for us.”

• 12 Beauty Queen » A Ceramic Fish Joint // Jun 3, 2010 at 7:24 am

[…] Miss South Carolina couldn’t have said it […]

• 13 Lauren Upton // Dec 27, 2010 at 12:07 pm

I hate you all! Don’t you ever mock me like that again! I’m a Christian and I’m way better then any of you!

• 14 Shemeka Ruivo // Jan 2, 2011 at 12:55 am

I am continuously browsing online for articles that can help me. Thx!

• 15 drew // Jan 31, 2011 at 3:42 pm

this is so sad. i feel very sorry for her. i am sure when it was over she could have just crawled into a hole.

• 16 Jake Brady // Feb 2, 2011 at 6:32 pm

she is dump…yet hot

• 17 scuppers // Feb 15, 2011 at 2:03 pm

When SP runs for President in 2012, at least she has a shoe-in selection for VP!

• 18 Dave C // Feb 22, 2011 at 12:34 am

WHAT AN IDIOT ! Shes good looking but a total mental midget !

• 19 Glen Beck wants to be God’s twitter feed, maybe « Gaijin Chameleon // Mar 26, 2011 at 9:31 pm

[…] man is eloquent I’ll give you that. He reminds me of a male Lauren Caitlin Upton, in his vagueness and ability to make Mario Lopez look like the next inductee to the MacArthur […]

• 20 Nene Lala Chacha // Apr 21, 2011 at 3:17 am

She reminds me of that stupid blonde that was on Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader that thought Europe was a country and that Budapest was in France. I still don’t understand why she would The Iraq instead of just Iraq. I still can’t figure it out.

• 21 roger dodger // May 14, 2011 at 5:44 pm

she’ll make a good trophy wife someday.

• 22 Snarky McSnarklepants // Sep 30, 2011 at 3:48 pm

If you listen closely, it’s actually “thy Iraq” both times. Why? No brain, that’s why.

• 23 Dennis // Apr 26, 2012 at 7:29 am

Young, dumb and full of cum…

• 24 kb // Jan 8, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Really Nene?? Out of all the gibberish she said, your takeaway is she
    said The Iraq instead of just Iraq?

• 25 branko // Mar 17, 2013 at 3:08 am

yeah it’s funny and horrible etc. but obviously the woman just totally freaked and had some sort of spontaneous mental collapse for some reason. only she knows why. I’ve actually seen the same exact thing happen to otherwise very bright people. well maybe not to this extent in their case, but people with 130-140 iqs who suddenly start speaking as if their iqs were 95-100. so if her iq is say 100-110 (average) and the same kind of thing happened to her…

• 26 David // Jun 11, 2013 at 10:24 am

Actually, She answered the question perfectly. I completely understand why a fifth of americans cannot locate the U.S. on a map.

• 27 Ian // Jun 17, 2013 at 2:01 pm

David, you nailed it! Exactly!

• 28 fatdaddy // Jun 18, 2013 at 1:25 am

She handled her brain fart like a champ. I’d like to see you do better.

• 29 jmob // Jun 21, 2013 at 12:59 pm

She sounded like Obama without a script.