This week’s top 10 list of nonfiction books has the house a bit disturbed and perplexed. Seems the metaphysical claptrap known as the Secret is still number one beating 6th place Christopher Hitchens’ atheist manifesto god is not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything.
Let me save those curious about the Secret a little time and money. The ’secret’ is… wait for it… if you think positive thoughts you can will your desires to come true. That’s it, you’re welcome.
NONFICTION/GENERAL July 30, 2007
1. “The Secret” by Rhonda Byrne
2. “The Dangerous Book for Boys” by Conn Iggulden and Hal Iggulden
3. “Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10” by Marcus Luttrell and Patrick Robinson
4. “Quiet Strength: The Principles, Practices, and Priorities of a Winning Life” by Tony Dungy
5. “The Weight Loss Cure They Don’t Want You to Know About” by Kevin Trudeau
6. “God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything” by Christopher Hitchens
7. “The Diana Chronicles” by Tina Brown
8. “A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier” by Ishmael Beah
9. “21 Pounds in 21 Days” by Roni DeLuz and James Hester
10. “The Assault on Reason” by Al Gore